Terms & ConditionsTell me more!
Conditions of hire for villa Rental
1. Contract of Hire All bookings are accepted by VillaSpain and are subject to these conditions which are deemed to have been accepted in full by the hirer and all persons in the party. Bookings can be made by telephone, fax, email or from the website and would be deemed to be accepted by us, provided that credit card payment is made.
2. Confirmation Your booking is only confirmed on receipt of your deposit as per clause 3 of these conditions.
3. Payment Your booking must be accompanied by your payment of 20% of the total (this also applies to Club (Imperial Park, Amatista, Rubino, Hipocampo) bookings.)
Confirmation will be sent stating the balance due date. The balance, without further notification, to be paid a clear twelve weeks prior to the hire commencement date. If your booking is made twelve weeks or less before hire commencement date it must be accompanied by full payment. If we do not receive the balance by the twelfth week prior to your rental start date, we shall automatically charge your credit card (see Credit/Debit Card Guarantee, paragraph 5) and we may be entitled to cancel the booking without prejudice to our claim for cancellation charges, as in accordance with paragraph 4.
Bookings for Club, for whom we act as agent, a refundable 100€ damage deposit is payable at reception on arrival.
Credit card surcharge fee is not charged, apart from when paying using a business commercial card when a 2% charge applies.
4. Cancellation by hirer All cancellations of bookings must be in writing and notified to and received by Villaspain no later than twelve clear weeks prior to the rental start date (except in the case of Club bookings including the Imperial Park Country Club, Rubino, Hipacampo & Amatista apartments & duplexes).
We will assist the hirer, when required, with the necessary insurance cover letter in the event of a cancellation of the booking in which the hirers insurers confirm in writing that the hirer is not covered. In this case we offer compensation as follows:
CLUB CANCELLATIONS COMPENSATION
Cancellation of a reservation with Club is as follows:
Cancellation more than 31 days prior to arrival, the 30% original deposit is forfeited.
Cancellation between 16-31 days prior to arrival then 50% of the rental is charged.
Cancellation if less than 16 days prior to arrival then 100% of the rental is charged.
PRIVATE VILLA CANCELLATIONS COMPENSATION
Cancellation more than 84 days prior to arrival, we refund 80% of the total cost, meaning the deposit sum paid is forfeited (if 20% deposit paid then that is the sum forfeited).
Cancellation between 70 and 83 days prior to arrival, we refund 50% of the total cost.
Cancellation between 55 and 69 days prior to arrival, we refund 30% of the total cost.
Cancellation between 41 and 54 days prior to arrival, we refund 20% of the total cost.
Cancellation less than 40 days prior to arrival, no refund is given. However, on complete loss of the total cost sum paid we will refund 100% of the damage and user charge deposits made. In addition we will refund any extras requested, providing they have not been delivered to the villa.
The term “total cost” in the above cancellation charges table includes the rental, surcharges, damage and user deposits as well as any extras listed.
5. Credit/Debit Card Guarantee With the Credit card details you have supplied us, it can only be used for the following reasons:
(a) to pay the deposit (minimum £100), or full amount if within twelve weeks, for rental of the villa.
(b) to settle an outstanding balance (see paragraph 3)
(c) to settle cancellation fees (see paragraph 4)
(d) to settle amendment fees (see paragraph 9)
(e) to settle bills (see paragraph 23 & 24) and damages to property (see paragraph 11)
6. What is included The villa rental includes: The cost of water, electricity, gas, maintenance of swimming pool and garden all local taxes, except where stated air/con and fuel supply that is metered and charged extra. A full inventory of equipment and utensils. See booking form and information sheet regarding linen and towels. Please note: No items must be removed from the villa during your stay. Towels, nor any other items, may not be taken to the beach.
7. What is not included The villa rental prices does not include any personal insurance, travel, transportation or airport to villa transport.
8. Occupancy Only persons listed on the Booking form may occupy the villa. The villa cannot be re-let/sublet to any other group/party without the written approval of VillaSpain.
The hirer agrees that he/she is occupying the chosen property for the purposes of a holiday only and for not more than the time period acknowledged by Villaspain, and advised of, and that was confirmed to the hirer in writing. The Hirer accepts upon a booking that he/she will return to their principle place of residence at the end of the holiday being the date confirmed in the confirmation letter.
In order to avoid possible abuse of a villa and to help protect the owners home we seek the hirers assistance in allowing us to validate the booking, we therefore require ages of each member of the group to be entered on the booking form for our fuller understanding of the make up of the booking.
Same sex groups are not objected to, but if the booking is primarily for a hen or stag party then we regret that we could not accept the booking, in order to avoid possible abuse or accidental damage within the villa and grounds, as well as avoiding possible noise pollution in the residential areas.
If groups are primarily mostly made up of under 25 year olds then we reserve our right to refuse the booking or request a higher deposit sum.
If groups are made up of only 25 year olds or less then we reserve the right to refuse the booking.
In all cases the ages must be written in the appropriate box on the booking form or advised to us.
If a booking is originally made for a small group but then additional persons of 25 years of age or under are added to at a later date, then we reserve the right to cancel the booking with the loss of rental to the hirer, or request a higher deposit sum at the discretion of Villaspain.
Please be aware that should an age be entered for a member in the group that is more than the age of the person actually travelling then we reserve the right to refuse occupancy of the entire group to the villa altogether, or arrange police eviction if in occupation.
Should the hirer enter a fictitious name and age, or that of someone older and then is found not to be travelling then we reserve our right to terminate the rental.
The hirer would not be able to recover the rental sum paid. It is therefore important to ensure accuracy when completing the form.
Further, if the damages prevent the next tenant from occupying the villa then the loss of rental will be the responsibility of the hirer.
We ask that any hirer together with their group respect the villa and its surroundings, since any damage necessitates time consuming shopping for repairs/replacements by the staff in Spain, for which the costs and time involved have to be passed on to the hirer, as well as the extra administration involved back in the Uk.
We do trust that the villa will be left in a clean and tidy condition with all furniture left in its original position, in order to allow the supervior and her team to prepare the villa for the following holidaymaker without the need attend to any damage.
Pets are not allowed. We generally do not accept animals at any of our properties - there are some exceptions so please enquire. However, in such cases you must obtain written permission from VillaSpain.
9. Amendment charges In the event you wish to alter details of a Fully Confirmed booking, within the one week period prior to your holiday, there will be an amendment charge of £10 in addition to the increase, if any, in the cost of the revised arrangements. The £10 shall be automatically debited against your credit card, which could be for added linen or extra guests. All alterations should be sent to VillaSpain in writing.
A call-out charge of £25 would apply to a call-out to the private villa, as a result of the Hirer making a special request to a supervisor, whilst at the villa due to a change in the order.
Should the Hirer make any unnecessary callout to the supervisor or any other party then a call-out charge of £25 will apply.
10. Hirer's Responsibilities You (the party leader) must be 21 years or over when you make your booking, but we reserve the right not to accept a booking depending on the make-up of the party. You must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these Booking Conditions by all other members of the holiday party and take full responsibility for the proper conduct of the party. By making the booking, the party leader confirms that he/she is so authorised and that all other party members agree that the booking is subject to these Booking Conditions. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to the Company.
We also reserve the right at all times to cancel or terminate the booking completely if the conduct of any member of any party is considered likely to cause offence, danger, damage or distress to others. Our representatives, where they consider the behaviour to be unacceptable, are authorised to cancel the accommodation wherever and whenever necessary. Our responsibility will cease, and there will be no obligation to cover any expenses incurred by the party as a result of cancellation brought about in these circumstances. No claims will be accepted for refunds or compensation whatsoever.
The villa will be prepared and checked for your arrival. Please report any breakages, damage etc IMMEDIATELY to our local contact. We cannot deal with any disputed items on your return if they have not been reported during your holiday.
The hirer is responsible for taking all reasonable care of the property and its contents. The property and all equipment, utensils, furniture etc. must be left clean and tidy at the end of the hire period. The hirer shall ensure that no member of the party engages in any activity in or around the swimming pool which may cause offence to neighbours or pollution to the water or damage to the structure or filtration equipment - this includes unacceptable antisocial behaviour. Also, to ensure that the Barbecue is cleaned and that all rubbish is placed in the communal dustbins at roadsides.
The hirer is responsible to limit the loss of any repairs in the event of any damage to the villa, whatsoever caused, by informing the supervisor of the situation immediately.
It should be reported immediately to the supervisor or poolman if the level of the pool is below the skimmer level (recessed area where pool water enters), as this would damage the filtration and pump.
It should be reported immediately to the supervisor if the villa has suffered from any water ingress, or burst water pipe, or major leak from any appliance.
The Hirer is responsible to ensure that all doors and windows are locked, including mortise lock and outer metal gates where installed, to avoid any loss to the owner on an insurance claim in the event of a burglary to the villa.
It would be the Hirers responsibility should a theft occur of the villas contents when windows or doors are left open, irrespective of whether the hirer is present in the villa or its surroundings or not.
11. Damage to Villa Except in the case of normal wear and tear the hirer will be responsible for making good any damage to the villa, or its contents, which has occurred whilst there due to accidental damage, negligence, wilful damage or irresponsible behaviour on the part of those occupying the villa, or their guests. Such damage must be reported, without delay, to our local representative, or directly to VillaSpain. The cost of the repair or replacement must be agreed with and paid for. A figure of £200 is held against damage to the property, furnishings or for excessive cleaning requirements. VillaSpain reserves the right to charge your Credit card any excess of this figure for damages sustained.
Except in case of Club when 100€ deposit is held at reception.
12. Rights of Access The representatives nor their subcontractors have the right of access to the property at any time with due regard to the convenience of the hirer for the purpose of inspection of the property and to carry out any essential repair or maintenance work.
13. Responsibilities Neither VillaSpain or their local representatives can be held responsible for any circumstances beyond their control including, but not limited to, mechanical breakdown, illness or failure of any public service supply. The hirer responsible for booking undertakes that no person will suffer anything to be done which would endanger the policy of the villa owner's insurers in respect of the villa and its contents which might make the same void or void able. Villaspain will do their utmost to re-accommodate in circumstances whereby the property becomes uninhabitable through events that are beyond anyone’s control in similar priced property. We cannot offer compensation other than offer alternative accommodation.
14. Injury and Damage VillaSpain acts as a booking agent on behalf of the owners of the properties we offer (including Club), and as such, your contract is with the relevant owner, and we do not have any responsibility to compensate you for any personal injury, death, loss or damage of whatever nature suffered by the hirer (or any member of the hirer's party) during the booking period.
15. Maximum Number of Persons Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons specified in the villa description, or booking form, occupy the villa except by prior written agreement. VillaSpain, or their local representatives, reserve the right to refuse admittance to the villa to the hirer and their party if they are in breach of this condition.
Up to one child, at 12 years of age or under at the time of travelling, will be allowed to exceed the maximum permitted occupancy level in any villa without the requirement to reserve a Z-bed. Please link to EXTRAS page for z-bed hire details.
16. Information All information supplied by VillaSpain and their representatives is given in good faith and is based upon information available at the time. All reasonable measures have been taken to ensure the accuracy of any statement made, but VillaSpain and their representatives are not liable for any variation however caused.
Our policy with villas is one of properly planned maintenance and on-going improvement. Consequently our descriptions are updated every year and we go to great lengths to ensure accuracy. Each property is assessed individually according to size, position, quality, furnishings and a variety of other factors. Consequently, the price relates to our assessment and, if there is an abnormal price increase from one year to the next, then this is due to improvements made.
17. Arrival/Departure access times The villa will be available for occupation from 17.00 hrs on the day of arrival (although this is dependant upon the cleaners' schedule) and must be vacated by 10.00 hrs on the day of departure, at the latest. Booking periods usually run from Saturday to Saturday, other than those with Tuesday & Thursday changeover days, during the period June to September inclusive. Variations to this are for long-lets and short-stays, outside this period, and would be confirmed in writing.
Unless agreed in writing, you must vacate the premises by 10am on the last day of your rental period, in order to allow for the cleaners to attend and prepare for the next guest.
Failure to vacate the premises could render you liable to extra costs should the villa/apartment not be made available. Such costs as to administration and claims by other parties may be incurred and passed on to the hirer. It is therefore vital to check with us, and obtain confirmation, that a late check-out can be accommodated by us.
18. Keys Detailed instructions for key collection and directions to the villa will be sent immediately after receipt of the final payment. In the case of Club a key will be passed to you at the reception desk.
19. Complaints In the unlikely event that you have a complaint about the villa or its contents, whilst on holiday, it must be reported immediately to our local representatives who will take all reasonable steps to resolve the matter (except in the case of Club - IPCC). Neither VillaSpain or their representatives shall have any liability for any complaint submitted after the completion of the hire period. In the event you have any difficulty at the IPCC then please contact the reception desk, in the first instance, who will endeavour to resolve the issue for you, and if not resolved satisfactorily then ourselves at Villaspain.
If you have cause for any complaint when you have completed your holiday then this must be in writing and received by us within 30 days of your holiday. We cannot enter into correspondence after this date, due to clarifying, with Spain, any discrepancy.
20. Force Majeure We regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by 'force majeure'. In these Conditions of Hire 'force majeure' means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include, but are not limited to, war, threat of war, civil commotion or strife, hostilities, strikes or other industrial disputes, natural disasters, fire, acts of God, terrorist activities, technical problems, with transportation, closures of ports and ferries, quarantine, epidemics, weather conditions, government action or other events outside our control.
21. Law & Jurisdiction In the event of a dispute concerning the terms of this contract, the court of law of London will have jurisdiction. In the event of bookings for IPCC then the law of Spain as defined would apply; The Valencia Government regulations will be applied to the terms & conditions, according to the regulations 1994/1997 Valencia Government decree that approve the rates and bookings in tourist accommodations 301/1993 of the Valencia government decree that approve the tourist apartments regulations, which are not covered by the general terms given.
22. Changes to booking by us In the unlikely event that a villa becomes unavailable, due to circumstances beyond the control of VillaSpain, then the hirer will be offered alternative accommodation or a full refund. In the event that no suitable accommodation can be offered then a full refund of the villa rental will be given to the hirer. Any refund is restricted to villa hire cost and we are not liable for any cancellation charges for travel arrangements etc.
23. Usage charges Where there are extra charges based upon usage (Air Conditioning/Warm air heating and Swimming pool heating at Casa Redonda for example) meter readings will be taken at the beginning and end of the rental period and charged per unit, as advised, to your Credit card.
24. Extra Cleaning charges If excessive cleaning is required after your stay, over and above the normal amount of time taken to clean the accommodation, then we reserve the right to charge you for the extra hours required to clean. The charge is £15 per hour (for the first two hours) then £10 per hour after that. This cost of cleaning (and overtime) rates are paid to staff over and above their designated scheduled (and inclusive) administration.
Bed-wetting - If in the event there is damage or bed-wetting then the repair or entire cleaning cost will have to be charged. If the sofa has to be replaced temporarily then such costs will have to be charged also. If your child is more prone to bed-wetting then please ensure that you provide a protector, or simply inform us on the booking form and we will provide a rubber sheet.
25. Changes to booking If, after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you wish to change your accommodation booking arrangements, for example your chosen departure date or the accommodation itself, we will do our utmost to make these changes though it may not always be possible, though must be at least 84 days prior to booked arrival date for a private villa or more than 31 days in the case of a Club booking. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking. You will be asked to pay an administration charge of £25 (not per person) for a Club booking or £100 (not per person) for a private villa booking.
In the event you wish to switch to a different villa than originally booked, which is available and is more expensive for the same period, then you will need to pay extra the difference of the rentals, subject to an administration charge of £100, providing we are able to execute such a change. If you switch to a different villa that is less expensive than what you have booked, or for a time period that is at a lower pricing level then you will lose the difference between the full rental of the 2 villas and be subject to a £100 administration charge or in the case of a Club booking £25.
A call-out charge of £25 would apply to a call-out to the private villa (not applicable where there are receptions in Club accommodation), as a result of the Hirer making a special request to a supervisor, whilst at the villa due to a change in the order.
Should the Hirer make any unnecessary callout to the supervisor or any other party then a call-out charge of £25 will apply.
26. Insurance The villa hire cost does not include any personal insurance cover of any kind. IT IS A CONDITION OF BOOKING THAT INSURANCE IS TAKEN OUT AGAINST CANCELLATION AND IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT PERSONAL ACCIDENT AND MEDICAL INSURANCE IS ALSO TAKEN OUT.
27. Car Hire Please note that car hire rental is a free arrangement service we give to clients booking one of our villas, who enjoy a villa owners 10% discount. Any party who does not book accommodation with VillaSpain, though books car hire through us, and then subsequently cancels such a booking, then the car hire firm will charge their cancellation deposit fee, as well as VillaSpain will charge a £25 administration fee for handling, which is deducted from the credit card details that are given.
28. Buying the property In the event that the Property you occupy is purchased by you either directly with the owner or by another agent within 12 months following your contracted period of occupancy then Villaspain will be entitled to 5% of the sales value including all chattels. Should the Property that you have contracted to stay in be listed with an agent that is for sale and you engage with such an agent then you should bring this clause to their notice and not visit the same property with that agent without first referring to us and our representative.
Your rights Your statutory rights are not affected by anything contained within these booking conditions.
Please also view our Extras List, About Us and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) pages which contains useful information and form part of our Terms & Conditions